Mr Khaw Boon Wan speaking on Channel 8 News and Current Events – 20 October 2014
Key Messages to take away as follows;
1. Cooling measures to stay. Prices have increased about 55% since 2009 but only dropped 6% so far. Government wants to correct the pricing before reviewing cooling measures.
2. Anytime is a good time to buy as long as you need a house & can afford it.
3. HDB supply to cut 10% this year & about 25% next year.
4. Land sales program to cut down.
5. Therefore over supply is not expected as less land & houses will be launched & built.